As Penn Hills School District continues to work with the management of Krise Transportation to resolve ongoing transportation challenges, we wanted to share a few updates:
- Krise Transportation is using a specially convened technical team to review GPS records along with actual seat counts from the first six (6) days of school.
- Based on this team's ongoing review, it is possible that pick-up and drop-off times may be adjusted for some PHHS students.
- It is more likely that about four (4) bus rosters from both Linton and PHE will be adjusted more dramatically to reflect more accurate pick-up and drop-off times at both schools. These two (2) schools are most affected by the limited drivers available to Krise Transportation at this time.
- It is anticipated that those families/students affected by these anticipated changes will be notified no later than early evening on Friday, September 10, with implementation anticipated Monday, September 13.
How can our PH community assist in the interim?
- Please remain mindful that students remain supervised in the school setting when buses/vans are late arriving to our schools for pick-up at dismissal.
- Please remain mindful that driver availability can be affected daily by individual Krise employees' health. Drivers experiencing any COVID-like symptoms are encouraged to remain at home, and the available pool of substitute drivers remains low.
- Please refer to Krise Transportation any/all known associates who currently have a CDL and/or those who are willing to pursue formal training: (412)793-7000, ext 1602.
We thank you for your ongoing patience and cooperation.